Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I suppose as my first entry to this blog, I should give you a little heads up as to what I'm doing (and why I'm doing it). First and foremost, and in all honesty, I'm doing this for a grade. My professor explained that if I were to create and maintain a blog for the duration of the semester, my grade would be bumped up a whole letter-grade. Sounds easy enough. I like to think, however, that the grade is just my push. And that's really my problem. I know I'm good (how good, I couldn't tell you) at what I do (we'll be getting to what I'm doing in just a second), but I lack the motivation and stamina to do so on a regular basis. I (always) need a push or a prod in a certain direction to keep my feet moving. I get bored easily. I get tired even easier. I have creative ADD. My professor went on to explain that the blog could be about anything I wanted, as long as I generally stayed on topic and kept up with it (at least two posts every week). This, for me, is doable. I'm going to be blogging about poetry. I'll be posting my written poetry, my favorite poetry, my favorite poets, and whatever else I feel will get my (and your) poetic juices flowing. I love to write, but I can't write often. I'm looking to change that. OH! I was about to wrap it up (because I'm getting bored), but before I do I wanted to mention the title of the blog. I chose it because I'm hoping that something I post on here will have that effect on somebody. If I can write something that gets somebody, anybody, to say that, I'll be happy. I'll leave my first entry with something I wrote today, the first day of class. Oh, yeah, my name is Kyle and I'm 18 years old. Enjoy! (hopefully)


"bird"


i left there with

a low head

that morning

stepped onto the

sidewalk and

put my

books on the curb

where i sat.

heard the first

bird since last semester

it was

far off and

singular

but, still,

it helped



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers